Nov 21, 2013

I Fly

Halloween brings laughter, candy-apples and great costumes. Being the lake myself, my favorites are Waldo (Bryn) and a deer (Amy). I even turn out an expert face painter (be it non-symmetrical). In the evening, while most people watch “As it is in Heaven”, a small group of die-hards meets to play “the Game of Enlightenment”. Though I end up far from enlightened, it is great to play a board game again. The evening is topped off with dance and I like it, like it here.



 
Halloween moves into November, our planning and study month. The ashram is filled with meetings on victories and problems, budgets and income, ideals and reality. Fortunately I only have to attend a few, and can focus on more important matters at hand: My 108 mini-collages. I get into a rhythm of cutting magazines after satsang, and assembling collages before breakfast. After sadly having left my summer residence, this is how I christen my Buddha Loka room: Covering the entire place in paper scraps. Best part of moving? Not having to pee in a bucket anymore…



Miraculously, I complete a week early, and have my next project already lined up. Music of course. While my paper collages were conveniently limited by the cardsize I set, Audacity allows me to add layer upon layer of sound. Who knew I could harmonize so well with myself? New songs want to be sung and turned into bits & bytes.

At our last Bhajan Blast
 But my biggest victory takes place on the mat. Having often ridiculed the swan as the impossible pose, I coin it my study pose of the month. I do it in my room, in the Office, during class. And though my head nearly touches the ground, my breasts get all squished and my hips get heavier with every try, for one glorious second, I fly.  

Eagle on the Beach (no evidence of Swan yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment