Apr 26, 2013

Changes abound


Vimala, our oldest resident (somewhere in her late eighties, early nineties) is puzzled: "There are so many young males at the ashram. What is the purpose of the young males?" A good question indeed. But for one, they help dig our lavender field to-be, on a sunny morning. When we are putting our boots back on after a barefoot Light invocation, there is a change in the air. Snow! Laughing, we open our mouths to catch snowflakes with sun streaming down upon us. I realize how easy my own weather can change, and how great it would be to enjoy or at least accept all sudden changes.

Changes abound recently. For instance in the Office.The Office is a place of chatter, meetings, random questions, bouts of laughter and the occasional manic panic. Not ideal when trying to register someone over the phone. Not ideal when figuring out glitches in Resort Suite.But now it has happened. Registrations aka Satya and myself, have moved. True, only one door down, but in the Back Office there is more space, more peace, and a beautiful atmosphere thanks to Satyas decorating skills. People pop in their heads and want to stay. But we have a door and we are not afraid to use it. And I can still come out to take part in a Light, an impromptu dance or join in some asanas.Too bad Guenevere won't be there anymore though. Her three year ashram stay has come to an end...
Guenevere Goodbye Tea

Guenever Goodbye Jam (Fransesca, Guenevere, Pat, Andrej)
Moving has made me restless, so I use my reflection day to move to my own new destination: the Root Cellar. Contrary to what its name suggests. It is located on the first floor, has a balcony and the best view of the entire ashram. I feel like I am in the cosiest Bed & Breakfast ever. But it is my house! True, there is no bathroom or toilet, so I need to shower at Shakti, a bit further down the path. With all the wood, and the brisk walk in the morning, I get happy camping memories. I almost want to bring my loo roll. And just now I made another discovery: My new home has a great internet connection, and someone forgot to turn it off. Unfortunately, cedar bugs enjoy this little house too. But I am sure I can come to some agreement with them. After all, they seem to love this place as much as I do.

Spacious Comfort

Cosy Sleeping Nook

Strategically located above the Toolshed

Friendly Neighborhood
Plenty of Light
Stunning Lake View

3 comments:

  1. Wat een leuk huisje heb je daar! Ik ben jaloers ;-)

    Grietjes, Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oeps, "groetjes" bedoelde ik natuurlijk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik vind het ook prachtig! Wat een mooie omgeving, heel wat anders dan hier in Groningen (maar dat wist je geloof ik al :-))) Ik hoop dat het goed gaat (en lees je e-boeken? Kan ik hem dan niet via amazon sturen?)
    Veel groetjes,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete