May 22, 2014

A large & wonderful safetynet

In the Springlight everything looks so much brighter. Plants grow and little groundhogs whack their tails, as the lake glistens and glistens. I finally join the ranks of the wear-your-payamapants-all-day-long-ashramites, sporting glossy green Boutique pants to match my glossy blue toenails.

In my new home, the boilerroom of Ganesh, I feel like living on a boat, water lapping all around. Playing music on the deck. Showering with a view & all sorts of bugs. Soon more people will move in, but for now, I immensely enjoy my private residence at the lake.
In karma yoga, my main task gets switched: No more entering registrations, no more awkward phone calls or painted on smiles; just the computer and me, working on the wiki in Shakti. Added bonus: Amy & Andrej. Not to mention Forestkitty.
In our women’s class, I clamber up the mountainside for a meditation. Wobbly at times, I am steady in the light. I don’t want to come down, but realise that that’s where my class is and lessons are learned. Moving back down, I fall and hurt myself. Though it’s a tiny wound, I get help from many.
So I guess I will keep on clambering mountains to enjoy the sun, before I lose my balance and fall and start again. Fortunately I have a large & wonderful safetynet.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ganesh! New Beginnings!

    I fondly remember my time there. I absolutely loved it. Enjoy the time to yourself while it's there. The atmosphere really changes with new karma yogis, although I'm sure it's better than when we had an intake every two weeks. That was crazy.

    I miss your presence. I really wish I had time to visit the ashram this summer.

    ReplyDelete